Thursday, March 19, 2009

Never take a 3 year old skiing

Today we took the kids up to COP to get some more skiing practice before we head to Kimberley tomorrow.

DH & A headed for the lift and the big hill. I stayed back on the bunny hills with J & B. For the most part it went well. Eventually DH & A showed back up and we took B on the big bunny hill. That kept B happy until he started getting tired. He would fall over and not get back up, he was a like a wet noodle when you tried to pick him up.

Here are the pictures for proof. DH tried to take a family picture and B ended up laying in the snow.

Photobucket

Photobucket



We got back down the hill and took his skis off. That really set him off. DH and A took off to go to the lift again. The plan was to have me watch J on the big bunny hill and left B run around in the snow. B didn't agree with the plan.

He ended up throwing a huge fit in the snow. I turned my back to the hill while B was crying. All of the sudden, I heard someone shouting, watch out. I turned around to see an out of control snowboarder headed right at us. I couldn't react fast enough. He went right over b. I pulled B out from underneath the kid and he was screaming. I walked him over to the ski lesson place. He was okay except for a bit tongue. We shouldn't have been standing there at the bottom and I should have been watching. Luckily he wasn't hurt.

When J came down he decided that he was done too, so we started back toward the main building. B threw another fit. I had 3 sets of skis, 1 pair of poles and a 3 year old throwing a massive tantrum in the snow. I couldn't carry all of them. I had to portage, taking turns carrying the skis and B. At one point I went back for B and there were 3 employees of the ski place standing around him. I got up there and they said, "You know he's crying." I said, "Yes, but I can't carry him and the skis at the same time." Part of me was hoping that one of them would actually offer to help me out but no such luck. After another stop of carrying B and the skis, some random man picked up B and brought him to me. I thanked him profusely. It took me almost 45 minutes to get the boys and the skis back to the ski rental place. It was hard, very hard! We'll have to see if we'll put him back on skis again.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I think I would have started crying! Glad you guys are having fun! The pictures are amazing. Banff is on my list of places to visit.