Tuesday, March 31, 2009

spring planting

Sunday was a beautiful day so the whole family headed outside for some yardwork. DH took care of the lawn weeds and mowing. Kids & I took care of the dirt digging and planting. We put in two tomatoes, 1 bell pepper and, for the first time, planted carrot & bean seeds. A made signs to mark the rows for the seeds.


Photobucket

Photobucket


We had a big spring storm blow through last night. Luckily the hail missed us but A's signs are now all soggy.

Photobucket


While we were digging the dirt & searching for worms, I noticed some bird nests in the tree. I was so excited to see this picture.

Photobucket


The nest has a piece of fabric that I left out for the birds a year ago. I'm so excited that it actually worked.

Here's a close-up

Photobucket

No comments: