Thursday, March 19, 2009

Trip to Canada, so far

Friday - the trip

The highlight was riding what my children believed was the world's largest escalator.

Photobucket


They are there at the very top! J is in the middle with his arms out. DH, A & B are to his left.

We sat on the plane at the gate for over an hour while the fixed an electrical problem which made the 4 hour trip a 5 hour trip but other than that everything was fine.

Saturday - skiing in Nakiska

After the beating of getting rentals for everyone, we spent some time on the bunny hill.

Photobucket

Photobucket


The kids took lessons while DH & I went down a run with BIL & nieces. I quickly remembered that it was 4 years since I had skied and didn't do so hot. I collected the kids from ski lessons and found B pouting, tired and grumpy with his skis off. I thanked the instructor for putting up with him and then he did a great impression of a spoiled rotten American child who screams very loudly. I did my best to ignore it.

A went with BIL & nieces to niece E's soccer game. DH & I took J & B up a small lift and down a green. Bad idea. DH & B went down the hill while I took J. Let's just say I'm okay when skiing by myself, but I shouldn't be helping a 6 year old down a hill. J was pretty good and saved the day by offering to scoot down a large portion of the hill on his bum while carrying one of his skis. I finally got myself up on my skis and met him at the bottom with his other ski.

Sunday - Banff

DH & BIL went skiing in Lake Louise. Sister #2 & I came later with the kids. We went swimming in the Hot Springs and walked around the town. We met DH & BIL for dinner and darts at a pub. It was a nice day.

Monday - Car trouble & sledding

We started the day with the neighbor knocking on the door letting us know she had just backed into the rental car. Of course we denied the damage waiver, let's hope her insurance is good. After DH went to the police station & the car rental agency to sort it all out, he took A skiing at the COP.

Photobucket


Sister #2 & I took the boys and youngest niece sledding at a park down the street. Sister #2 said most of the snow had melted but there was one spot on the hill that still worked. My Texas boys didn't know any different and loved it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


So far, the trip is going well. My shoulder is messed up from falling over J in Nakiska & DH is sore from skiing so much, but we're all having a good time.

1 comment:

MKH said...

This looks like fun! I think I'll go visit BIL and Sister #2 in Canada as well!