Monday, March 2, 2009

The joy of boy

I grew up with all sisters. I didn't spend much time around boys until I had a couple of my own. This past week B has shown me how much fun it is to have a toilet trained boy.

Last week we went to soccer skills camp for J. I was helping A study for her spelling competition. B was running around with another little girl. All of the sudden all of the mothers start yelling my name. I look up to see B standing in the middle of the field, pants at his ankles, "making a rainbow" with the wind blowing it all right back at him. I'm such a good mother, my response was yelling for him to pee in the trees.

Saturday we decided to go to 5:30 mass at 5:20. I was running through the house looking for shoes for J and a coat for A, DH sent B out to the car. I finally walked out front to see B standing in the doorway of the car making another rainbow. I don't know how long it had been, but it took forever to for him to finish. I laughed. Hard.

Today, I went into the bathroom to discover that B had pooped and not called for me to wipe him. He says he is a big boy who can wipe himself. The fact that he got a strep infection "down there" tells me that it is not true. I told him I needed to wipe and I went to go find the wipe box. I turned around and he was standing there holding out his fingers. He said, "Smell, Mommy, you don't have to wipe. It doesn't smell like poop!" Ooh, gross. I wiped him and we both washed our hands well.

What fun boys are!

No comments: