Thursday, March 5, 2009

patiently waiting

I first became aware of the "Twilight" craze when the final book was published last year. Both my niece and Sister #5 were going to release parties at book stores. The next thing I know everyone was reading these books, a mother from A's soccer team, my friend in Austin, a woman in the grocery store. All of them gushed over how great the series is. I finally decided to read them but I wasn't going to buy the books. I went to the library. I got Twilight and New Moon off the wait list fairly quickly and enjoyed them both.

I requested the next book awhile ago. It had been so long that I forgot I requested it. Two days ago I went to the library website to request another book and saw that Eclipse was waiting for me. This morning I got a chance to go by the library to pick it up.

I was excited as I walked out book in hand. I opened it up to read a page or two as I walked to my car and discovered it was the Spanish edition. I took many years of Spanish classes in school, but there is no way I can read a novel written in Spanish. I walked back into the library and turned it back in. Once I got home I made a new request making sure it was the English edition of the book.

Now I'm patiently waiting again. I guess the good thing is that I will actually get some work done today instead of reading all day long!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I've heard the hoopla, too, but haven't read any. Are they really that good? (The English versions).

Kristin said...

We're reading Twilight for my book club for April. I've got the book but haven't started reading it yet. S1's teacher read the whole series over Christmas break.

Sarah said...

They are an easy quick read. They kept my interest. I am not obsessed by them but I did look forward to reading the next one to see what happens.