Thursday, March 12, 2009

the essentials

Tomorrow we leave for our spring break trip to Calgary to visit the cousins. Everyone is extra excited. I had a long day planned of getting stuff done before the big trip. Of course, today was the day things had to go wrong with work. I spent hours scouring the database figuring out what data was wrong. It was user error not me error. That's a good thing.

DH decided to go to Dad's Club meeting tonight. He worked all day, packed his bags, fed the kids the dinner I cooked (okay, it was microwaved easy mac, so it wasn't special) while I went for Chipotle, then he ran out the door.

I was left to get the kids ready. Well, that went really smoothly. If only!

J broke the toy that his school buddy gave him for Christmas. Tears ensued. All children fought over stuff that I tried as hard as I could to ignore. I got all of B's clothes together to pack when he had hysterics over the shoes I wouldn't pack. He thought they were his shoes when in fact they were hand-me-downs waiting for J's foot to grow. In his hysterics, he threw all of the clothes all over the room. Meanwhile J remembered his toy and lost it again. I had to calm him down and convince him to try on clothes because none of his current pants fit him.

While I dealt with J, B decided to pack. He packed his essentials.

Photobucket


The essentials to a three year old are Texas Rangers batting helmet, a webkins reindeer, blankies, a hotwheels garage and all of the cars we own. He is going to throw a big fit when he realizes that we aren't actually going to take this bag with us!

No comments: