Wednesday, April 30, 2008

crazy night

I went into the office today to deal with all the problems we've been having. I finally convinced sales lady that there were existing issues with the report. We tested all the different reports and finally got all the numbers to match after implementing my changes. In the end she thanked me for all my work. It sort of made up for the major panic mode she's had me in for the last week or so. The boss man thanked me too, for the hard work and putting up with sales lady's drama. Plus, he didn't blink an eye when I told him I was going to the lake for the 4th. (We had never discussed vacation so I didn't know if I had any vacation time, so we're good.)

I got a very impatient phone call from DH around 3:45. He had picked up the children and was anxious for me to be home. He informed me that somehow one of the boys in J's class got hold of his glasses and tried to fold them in half. They didn't fold, they broke. This is the pair of glasses that we got last week to replace his first pair that managed to mysteriously break.

I was going to go shopping on my way home because I haven't gotten A a present for her First Communion on Saturday and I haven't bought her any presents for her birthday next weekend. DH was still very anxious for me to come home so I drove home instead. I picked up the boys and turned around to go to W**M**t to get another pair of glasses. (Okay, I don't like shopping at the store but I have to commend them on their glasses warranty. This is the second pair of frames they have given us in 8 days time, no extra charge. The guy wished us a nice evening and said he hoped to not see us next week!)

While I was driving home, DH called to tell me that Sister#2 called and cryptically told him that our mother had gone to the emergency room because her heart was beating too fast. He didn't know much other than that because she wasn't saying much to avoid upsetting her children who were in the car.

I got home and called Sister#2 & Sister#5 trying to get information on what was going on. They weren't answering. After dinner, no one had called me back. I called the emergency room and eventually someone took a message. Mom called a little while later. She had been having heart accelerations and Dr. M (who she works for) decided she should go have it checked out. They did an EKG on her when she got to the E.R. and decided that she was not having a heart attack. I talked to her at almost 7 pm and she still hadn't seen a doctor. She hasn't been feeling well since the weekend & her heartrate was close to 120 after resting so she was going to stay and get checked out.

I finally sat down at the computer to check on work and found a reminder email that tonight was 31 cent scoop night at Baskin Robbins. We loaded up the kids, stood in line for 25 minutes and finally got a treat. I had chocolate mousse royale and it was good. But I don't know if it was 25 minutes good, but I enjoyed it none the less. At least it was nice end to a very hectic night.

No comments: