Sunday, April 6, 2008

hanging out

I am on my way to a massive progressive hangover this afternoon.

The auction went well. I met DH down there around 6:30, socialized a little bit, ate a quick plate of food and started my wifely duty selling Pot O Gold tickets. (DH is the chair of Pot O Gold, a cash raffle where the winner splits the pot with the school.) We sold until 10:30 or so and then I got to drink.

Last year I drank way too much. I wasn't going to do that this year. But somehow, my plans went awry. I was doing okay until 1am when they were shutting down the bars. A guy came over to with 4 drinks and offered them to us. I took a vodka tonic. What I didn't know was that he had cashed in all his drink tickets so that vodka tonic was a triple shot vodka tonic. Ooh, that was bad. I should never take drinks from strangers friends!!

After the bar closed, we went up the after party suite. I switched to water. The food had been delivered to the wrong suite so about 10 of us went up there to eat. It was while we were eating that I found out about the triple shot. No wonder it hit me so hard. I think K felt bad. After eating, K started doing vodka shots with some other guys. I walked up for another bottle of water. He handed me a shot glass & turned around to see DH and his wife watching us. The guy pouring shots started to fill mine. K stopped him and told me to fill it with water. So I took a couple of "shots" with him. It was funny to watch DH & K's wife. I think she was about to kill him, so I went over and confess that it was water. DH was very relieved.

I finally made it to bed around 3:30. But sleeping after drinking is never very restful. I'm not feeling great and I'm tired. Kids are still at the ILs. I'm sort of hoping that they will bring them home close to bedtime. I'm not in a very mothering state right now. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and go to McD's for dinner tonight. At least the french fries might make me feel a little better.

No comments: