Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Nothing much

Last night was J's last soccer game. A had a soccer game at the exact same time on adjoining fields. It was a night of heavy multitasking. Watch J's game, turn around & watch A's game, turn and make sure the B was still there and wasn't covered in mud. Rinse & repeat.

I haven't done much lately. I've been scrounging for dinners. Luckily the children like fish sticks & tater tots. I haven't felt like knitting lace, so I made these Magic Slippers with the leftover yarn from the hat. And I actually went to the mail store and mailed them off today. Hopefully they will fit when they arrive.

Here's a picture:
Photobucket

I read this weekend. I used to read so much but with kids and work and life, I tend to fall asleep after the first page. However, I found a copy of The Other Boleyn Girl at Sister #2's house and couldn't stop reading. I walked around obsessively all weekend with the book in my hand. Whenever I had a second to myself I opened up and read a paragraph or two. DH caught me hiding a couple of times on Sunday because I only had 100 or so pages to go and I really, really, really wanted to finish.

I enjoyed the book a lot. It brought back my obsession with English Royal families from Sophomore history class. And it reminded me that I need to read more.

No comments: