Saturday, April 5, 2008

Crafts galore!

I'm finally posting pictures from our family crafting.

First the kids' mini quilts.

Aside from help with the first few strips, trimming & binding it, A did this all by herself. I'm very proud of her.

Photobucket

Next is J's. He wanted an Easter quilt since it was almost Easter when we decided to make it. He drew a picture and then I re-interpreted it to make the appliques. He helped with the piecing of the background but the applique & quilting part was too hard for me to do with him sitting on my lap. He watched and criticized that part. He wasn't happy with my double stitching around the appliques. I had planned to continue circling around the appliques until the quilt was full, but he made me stop.

Photobucket

I still have to learn to bind a quilt and finish this one. Someday I'll get around to it.

And here are the auction pieces. They are 12 x 12 shadow boxes with glass mosaic with the kids pictures in the star. I used too much glue and pictures are blurry. Oh well.

The first one:
Photobucket

And the second one:
Photobucket

I took these in the evening and had to use the flash but you get the gist. They did turn out okay.
I dropped them off yesterday. The woman gathering all the projects said that she was at a party on Wednesday and some people were talking about them and mentioned mine as one of the best. I think they are confused with the 3 & 4 pk classes' project which was very cool. I'll try and snap a cell phone picture of it tonight at the auction.

Okay, that's all for pics. Now I'm off to be a slave driver and force my children to clean their rooms.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Holy crap. Is it your goal in life to make all other mother's look bad? These projects are AWESOME!!!!!!