Saturday, April 12, 2008

Shocking

My cousin had a baby last month on St. Patrick's Day. So once all my stuff was done with the auction, I had a little extra time on my hands. I should have been working on my touring wrap, but I didn't have the patience. I wanted a quick easy project to do. I decided on a hat for the new baby Quinn.

I bought some sock yarn at the LYS closing. I thought maybe I would try knitting socks. The lady told me to get three skeins just in case. Now I'm thinking that it was a crazy moment of me trying to buy yarn at a good price and I'll probably never make socks. So what to do with the yarn??? The answer is the sweet baby cap. I've always thought it was cute, but I've never had sock yarn to make it before.

So here's the reason for the title. I finished the hat up on Thursday night (except for the ties.) I proudly showed it off to DH and as usual he nodded, said "Uh-huh, nice" and went back to his basketball/baseball/hockey watching.

Then Friday morning, he walked by my desk and picked up the hat. He said, "You know, this is a really great hat. I like the shape of it & the colors are nice. I think this may be my favorite thing you've knitted."

My mouth dropped open and my jaw hit the floor. I was amazed. So, I have 2 skeins of sock yarn left, should I knit him an adult size sweet baby cap?? Wouldn't that be a sight!

And here is the shocking hat,

Photobucket

1 comment:

Susan said...

It is ADORABLE! And, I can see why you're shocked... Dan would be the same way. I have to pull compliments out of him.

I can't get over how multi-talented you are. I wish I had some of that talent - especially the sewing and knitting. I actually took a class and made a quilt last year. I want to do another, but I forgot everything. I need another class, but don't have the time.