Thursday, January 31, 2013

Knitting at Downton

I enjoy watching Downton Abbey. S#5 throws DA watching parties. She makes food, we watch the show, we discuss the details, I get to skip the bedtime routine on Sunday nights. It is perfect. (Am I a bad mom that I look forward to skipping the bedtime routine every now and then??)

Back in December I saw something on Ravelry about a DA KAL (Downton Abbey Knit Along). Jimmy Beans Wool, a knit shop in CA had a stash of Lorna's Laces yarn with a colorway named "Christmas at Downton." They came up with a pattern to go along with the yarn and would release a part of the pattern with each new episode of Season 3. I was all over that. I ordered the yarn and waited for Jan 6th on pins and needles.

Finally the season premiered and I got to watch and knit at the same time.

Clue 1


Clue 3


Clue 4

There are my Downton Abbey "Christmas at Downton" gauntlets. I think I was suppose to knit them one at a time, but I couldn't wait. I started the second one as soon as I finished clue 1 on the first. I'm very excited that I actually knit something in such a short amount of time instead of having a project linger on the needles for months and months at a time.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love the ruffle at the cuffs, especially how it scallops. Very nice job!

DA has been interesting this season.