Friday, January 11, 2013

Knitting Update

I've been knitting, a little bit here and another bit there. I've actually finished a couple of projects in the last few months, so maybe I've done more than just a little bit.

S#5 asked for me to make her this cowl a long time ago.  She had her big 30th bday in October so I decided to make it for her. Of course I decided the week before her birthday in which I was throwing a pizza party and a tea party for her. Needless to say it didn't get finished. Once I missed the deadline, I let it sit. She went to Thanksgiving in D.C. It was cold. I finished it so she might be warm.


Big Herringbone Cowl, Purl Bee

My friend in Chicago took up running a couple of years ago. I had been thinking of knitting her a hat for awhile. I pinned this hat and had a skein of yarn in mind. Her birthday is the end of November. I was on a knitting kick from finishing the Big Herringbone Cowl. I like that hats are a nice quick project that I can finish in a week or so.


Chunkeanie, Wooly Wormhead

Since I was on a knitting kick, I picked up a shawl I started way back in July. It was a mystery shawl where you get a clue a week. I finished the first clue before our cruise and then put it down. I did the second and the third some time after the kids went back to school.


After the hat, I finished the first wing and had every intention of finishing it before Christmas. The flu killed that objective quickly. I never took it out of the bag.

I wanted to finish the shawl because I wanted to start the Downton Abbey Mystery KAL on December 6th. I don't like having multiple projects going. I didn't let the incomplete shawl stop me from starting the Downton Abbey project. It is going to be fingerless gloves. I'm not sure I'll actually wear them, but the first clue came out nicely.


Downton Abbey Mystery KAL, Jimmy Beans Wool

While I'm waiting for clue #2 on Sunday, I've knocked off a bit more of the shawl.


Rockefeller Mystery KAL, Steven West

Maybe I'll actually finish them both before the end of the year.

No comments: