Friday, November 23, 2012

Fish Foam

We have a lot of windows in our house. When you walk in, there is a wall of windows directly in front of you. The dining room next to the living area also has a wall of windows. Most of the time, they are dirty. I've been thinking I needed to hire the window washer guy who calls all the time, but I hadn't thought of his company name and he hadn't called in awhile.

Last week I remembered a blog post about Fish Foam and decided to order it.  DH wasn't enthusiastic about it but I told him it would be worthwhile.

Here are the windows, after I had cleaned half of the windows on the outside only.  You can see the haze on the middle left window, still dirty on both sides.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After cleaning the outside and inside of the windows, I had to go back to clean up any streaks that were left behind and get the corners and edges better. DH ended up helping with the upper windows, using a microfiber cloth. I used green cotton cloths Mom gives us from surgery.  (She gets leftover unused cloths, great for all cleaning purposes.) The microfiber (not one made for glass) left lots of streaks so we ended up going over those windows again.

The results were worthwhile. I think DH was impressed.

Photobucket

Photobucket


No comments: