Last week I remembered a blog post about Fish Foam and decided to order it. DH wasn't enthusiastic about it but I told him it would be worthwhile.
Here are the windows, after I had cleaned half of the windows on the outside only. You can see the haze on the middle left window, still dirty on both sides.
After cleaning the outside and inside of the windows, I had to go back to clean up any streaks that were left behind and get the corners and edges better. DH ended up helping with the upper windows, using a microfiber cloth. I used green cotton cloths Mom gives us from surgery. (She gets leftover unused cloths, great for all cleaning purposes.) The microfiber (not one made for glass) left lots of streaks so we ended up going over those windows again.
The results were worthwhile. I think DH was impressed.