Saturday, February 25, 2012

Garden 2012, Early Edition

It is the last weekend of February and I'm taking the advice from the garden center tomato class. I planted tomatoes today.

I put two plants (brandywine, valley girl) in the raised beds I built.


Photobucket


I put one plant (supersweet 100) in the self watering container from last year.


Photobucket


I made a couple of adjustments to the swc. I cut several inches off and angled the end of the pvc tube for adding water to the container. It was sometimes difficult last year to fill it last year and I'm hoping those changes will improve things.


Photobucket


The strawberry plants are doing well. I moved them around to make room for the tomatoes. I hope it doesn't mess them up. A would really like to get strawberries this year.


Photobucket


The onions are hanging in there.


Photobucket

Photobucket


We had a freeze with rain a few weekends ago and, despite being covered, they weren't looking so good.  They are finally look a little less straggly.

No comments: