Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We hosted Thanksgiving this year.

Photobucket


No trip to Disney this week so we stayed home and cooked. Since three of my sisters are scattered across the world, just my mom & dad came for dinner. S#5 stopped by to help whisk the gravy, eat a plate of stuffing & roast turkey and left to meet the fiance, his family & their friends.

I got up early to get the 20lb turkey in the oven. The last time I made Thanksgiving turkey (when I was pregnant w/ J) it wasn't cooked all the way through. We carved off what we could and microwaved the rest. I was fearful of repeating that performance. Luckily, it turned out perfectly fine. But I was too nervous to think about taking pictures.

I was called outside to document the "Frying of the Turkey".

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


The men stood outside in the cold weather keeping warm by the propane fryer. Both roast and fried were delicious. I couldn't decide which one I liked more. We definitely have an excess of turkey leftovers. Since we were in charge of the birds, everyone else brought the sides. That made for a relatively easy Turkey Day for me.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving too!

No comments: