Tuesday, November 23, 2010

tomato harvest

Winter is coming to Texas. Yes, it was 70 degrees when I got up this morning but the cold is on its way. It is suppose to freeze tomorrow night. DH & I took advantage of the good weather. He hung Christmas lights on the house (but not they are not lit because that can't happen before Thanksgiving) and I started clearing the beds for winter. I pulled up my tomato plants and found these:

Photobucket


The sum total of my tomatoes this year. How disappointing again!

I had lots of flowers but they would drop off before the fruit formed. I googled to figure out my problem. It wasn't blossom end rot. I had enough pollinators around, bees & butterflies were plenty. I think it was just too hot. Darn living in Texas. I think my watering method might have something to do with it. I'm going to have to try something new next year.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

70 sounds heavenly! It was 18 here this morning and school was cancelled b/c of icy roads.