Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Another bug

We arrived home late last night. I was intent on unpacking the car and putting children to bed. I wasn't happy when A started yelling for me to come here and come here now. She was at the front door and I thought she was complaining that the stuff I gave her to carry was too heavy.

Finally she yelled for me to bring the camera. I dropped my stuff, grabbed the camera from my purse and ran to the front door.

This is what I saw.

Photobucket


A white-lined sphinx moth, the most common sphingid in Dallas County, per the Dallas County Lepidopterists' Society website.

1 comment:

Pure Ella said...

You made that moth look so cool. Although I have a bad childhood phobia about them.... maybe you're helping me heal ;)

By the way, I would like to invite you to a SUMMERIZING event I'm hosting.
Take a look, it would be great if you took part in it ;)
http://www.lifeologia.com/summerizing-summer-in-review/