Monday, May 25, 2009

Just go to bed

We had a nice Sunday yesterday. The boys went to meet some friends at their family softball game. A & I joined them later after a stop at the sporting store for a tee for the the little ones. We went back to their house to watch golf and play. We ended the evening by stopping by the neighborhood pool for a swim.

The pool closed at 9 and we were there until the last whistle. I was tired by the time we got home and assumed the children would be too. We had a jam-packed afternoon and no nap for B.

I can get dressed, brush my teeth and be in bed in 5 minutes. I want to know why it takes children so (insert your choice of swear words) long. Last night I just wanted to go to bed, but everyone had issues. I was a bad mother because I did the medicine wrong, because I didn't squeeze the toothpaste right, because I forgot to give them vitamins, because B gets to sleep in a bed that is closer to my room, because I made them turn of the lights because it was almost 10, because I walked out of the room while they were still talking. Really, the complaints were unending. I finally just said goodnight and shut the door. Wouldn't you have?

I cannot wait until they will just go to bed, no problems, no complaints, no delay tactics. I will probably regret saying that when they are big and grown and I miss the days when they were little and still needed me. However, right now, I'm tired at 9pm and I just want to go to bed.

No comments: