Saturday, May 9, 2009

9 short years

It was 9 years ago today that A made me a mother. It seems like so long ago but then again it was just yesterday.

DH and I were reminiscing last night about our lives before and after A was born. Funny thing was that DH was recalling the labor & delivery, but he mixed in all the details from the boys' birth. I guess to the man it is all the same, no matter was kid. Not so for me. I remember them all individually.

Today I bribed A with a party. DH & I had plans to go out tonight, so I planned a party and then broke the news. She handled it okay. The party went fine. Seven girls came over. They were suppose to make hemp bracelets, but it was too confusing so they made hemp braids instead. We bought flip flops to decorate, but no one wanted to decorate so they went outside and played. Later they had cake & ice cream and watched the newest American Girl movie.

Since Kristin asked for prettiness here's some sewing, baking and knitting.

Gift bags for the girls & my mother's day tulips.
Photobucket


Chocolate chip cake
by request
Photobucket

Start of my Canada shawl
Photobucket

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Thank you very much!! Happy Birthday A!! 9 years go by quickly!!