Sunday, April 19, 2009

UFOs

The wool is waiting for me to knit it into a wool pedder's shawl. Half of it is sitting on my dining room table. The other half is in my bedroom. Everywhere I go it taunts me. I promised myself that I would finish unfinished things before I would start the shawl. Honestly, the only thing that is stopping me from starting it is the fact that I don't have needles the right size with the right cord length to complete the project.

Since I don't have the needles, I did start working on unfinished objects. I started a washcloth from the leftovers from the owl before Canada. I finished it this weekend.

Photobucket


I know it looks odd with the abrupt color change but I ran out of the first yarn and it was really just way to use some time and yarn.

The other thing that is hanging over my head is my lizard ridge bag. I knit the panels up way back last summer. I sewed half of one side together and quit. I happened to look at the project in Ravelry today and noticed that I took the class last June. It has been almost a year. That is dreadful. I really need to finish it up but I'm still lacking motivation.

I think I finally found some. Next weekend DH & J are going on their first Y Guides campout. The ILs offered to take the kids on Saturday night. Even though J is going to be gone, A & B are still going. A has a soccer game at 8am on Saturday morning. I could take the kids over there at 9:30 and then have a whole day to myself. Actually more than 24 hours alone!!!

I've been thinking of all kinds of things I could do. Most of them involve practical stuff like weeding the yard, cutting the dreadful vine that is taking over my beds again this year, buying more daylilies and finishing up the alley clean-up. I will probably do some of that but for fun, I'm going to the DFW Fiber Fest in Addison. The shop where I took the class will be a vendor there. I would love to bring my bag in to show them that I finally finished it.

I've got 6 days and counting to finish out my bag. Let's see if this is motivation enough. Then as a reward I can buy some needles and start my shawl.

No comments: