Monday, April 27, 2009

24 hours

I had 24 hours to myself this weekend. DH & J went camping Friday afternoon. I dropped A&B off at the ILs on Saturday morning.

I signed up at the neighborhood pool for the summer. I went to the FiberFest, resisted all temptation and bought the needles I needed. I almost succumbed to the $150 set of interchangeable needles. Maybe I'll ask for a set for my birthday. Next I headed to Lowe's for light bulbs & plant. They didn't have the day lilies I needed to finish the alley, so I bought some herbs instead.

By then it was late and I was hungry. I bought myself a yummy mushroom swiss burger and came home to eat it while watching HGTV. After a little dozing, I finally got up and went to work in the yard. I wanted to finish cleaning up my alley. It took another 3.5 hours but I finally finished.

Photobucket


It was much harder work than the last time. I think the ground must have been drier. The worst part was that I ran into a few fire ant piles. I worked around the biggest one but after multiple tries and way too many bites, I gave up. I put out some poison and left it.

Photobucket


My mom stopped by and took me out to dinner. That was a nice treat because I was planning on eating the kids leftovers. I got home from dinner with grand plans to watch a movie. I slept instead. It was so nice. I woke up early in morning but was able to go back to sleep until 8:45. I then sat in bed watching home landscaping shows while knitting until 10:30. Glorious!

Yesterday, DH & J came home early. J & I went to the nursery and bought the rest of the plants I needed. He "helped" me plant the lilies and the herbs. I still need to take pictures of it all done. Once planting was done, we picked up A&B from the ILs. We came home and it was back to routine. Scrounging for dinner and doing some laundry.

Oh, it was a nice 24 hours.

No comments: