Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Beans, beans

The bean seed package said the plants would take 7-14 days to grow. Yesterday was day 10 and we found a new seedling in the bed. I was about to run in to get the camera when A had an accident with the door and her fingers. Her fingers hurt bad. (DH said she was crying so loud he thought I had run into her with the car. I don't know how the car & I fit into his picture but, needless to say, she was very upset.) Today I went to go check out the new plant and found a dozen or so bean plants growing.

I knocked on the window and called the children outside, asking them to walk slowly and be careful with all fingers. They were amazed. They counted all the plants they could see and noticed all the bulges of dirt that will be a plant tomorrow.

Since everyone made it outside with all digits intact and unscathed, I got to go inside for my camera.


Photobucket

Photobucket


Only another week or so before the carrots should start appearing!

No comments: