Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bribery

There is a couple at the school who hosts a crawfish boil every Memorial Day weekend. I am friends with a few of her friends but we had never officially met, so therefore, we were never invited to the party. DH has heard about this party and dreams of going. This is like high school popular people are throwing a party and he has to go.

Last summer I finally met the woman of the couple and DH was ecstatic. He told me it was my job to get the invite. This school year we've gotten to know them a little better. We've been to the same parties, I can walk up to her and talk without feeling awkward. I'm working it, which really isn't my thing, but I'm trying.

Two weekends ago they were at the soccer fields after their son's game and I was there before J's game. I went up to talk to a group of the parents from the previous game and the subject of the crawfish boil came up. I said that I heard an invite to their crawfish boil was the hottest invite of the year. She said she could be bribed with cookies. I said I would be over with some that weekend. She replied it would have to wait until after Easter because she gave up sweets for lent.

So yesterday I finally got around to making the cookies. Honestly, this isn't my best batch of cookies (too crunchy) but it will have to do. I couldn't just bring over a plate of cookies. Instead I found this video and made some decorations to dress up the bribe. I hope it works!


Photobucket

No comments: