Monday, April 6, 2009

Sunday

I managed to survive Sunday. I woke up at 4am all dry mouth and feeling hungover. Too much hookah party. I got up, chugged water & advil and went back to sleep. Since the kids were at the ILs, I was able to sleep in until 10am before I had to get up and face the day.

DH & I went out to breakfast then picked up the kids. They were suppose to have a play date at 2pm but it was cancelled. We went to check out a farmer's market at a local nursery. It is still to early in the season so no fresh vegetables, but we bought plants for the alley instead.

We have a strip behind the fence that is maybe 1 foot deep and full of weeds. It irks me everytime I drive down the alley. I tried transplanting some monkey grass back there last year but the yard man mowed it down. I had been thinking of just putting rock or something back there but I wasn't thrilled with the idea. I finally decided on daylilies.

We got home from the nursery and I set to work digging out the old weeds & grass. I quickly realized that I hadn't bought enough plants but I was secretly glad because I had not realized just how long our fence line really is. After 4 or so hours of work, I've got 2/3 of the fence line cleaned up. I need to go buy 5-6 more plants and I can finish up the rest.


New plants
Photobucket

what is left
Photobucket


Of course, I realized after planting that we have a freeze warning for tonight. I need to go search for that stack of old sheets I put somewhere just in case.

No comments: