Friday, April 24, 2009

I'm full of it

My last post was all about working on old projects and finishing them. I had deadlines and they were going to motivate me. I had 6 days to finally finish up my lizard ridge bag. I was going to do it!

Nope. It didn't happen. I didn't even go dig it out of the drawer where it has been hiding for the past 6 months or so.

I worked a lot this week. I did some laundry. I cooked dinner. I threw a wedding shower for A's teacher. We refinanced the house. Okay I didn't do anything for that but show up and sign a bunch of papers. I read two books. I was busy, but I didn't touch my knitting.

I'm still going to go to the FiberFest tomorrow. I'm still going to buy myself a pair of needles so I can make my shawl. I might even buy some yarn.

Who knows when I'll ever finish my lizard ridge bag. Who cares!

2 comments:

Susan said...

How was The Last Lecture? I saw the clip of him from Oprah quite some time ago. Made me cry. Should I get the book?

Btw, I agree - who cares? You go and buy what you want. Not every project has to be finished before you start the next one!

Sarah said...

The Last Lecture was a good easy read. However, it made me feel like a horrible pessimist.