Friday, April 3, 2009

The last one

Photobucket


I had a meeting with the women's group from church on Wednesday. It is "bring an appetizer, dessert, drink of choice" type of meeting. Most months, I'm running out the door at 6:55 with empty hands. There is always more than enough food but I feel bad because I'm normally the one who doesn't bring anything.

I realized around 2pm on Wednesday afternoon that I had time to make cookies. I read this blog a lot. She has beautiful knitting and she bakes cookies once a week, a great combination in my eyes. I finally had a chance to try a recipe.

I wasn't sure about them when they came out of the oven. They spread quite a bit and I was afraid they would be really crunchy. I like a chewy oatmeal cookie. I was wrong. They were terrific. The cookies went over well with the ladies at the meeting and with the family. Last night Sister #2 and her daughters came over for dinner & A served the cookies for dessert. I managed to get half of a broken cookie before they were all gone.

Today I found the container I had stashed in the pantry with one cookie left. I guess A didn't see it and pulled the freezer stash out for dessert. The last cookie, aren't I lucky!

It was good!

No comments: