Friday, December 21, 2007

A miracle may happen

Okay, it might not be a miracle, but I might possibly maybe perhaps finish J's sweater before Christmas!

I have 7 rows left to do on the first sleeve. Then the second sleeve. Then the seaming. Then picking up and knitting the collar. I have until Monday late morning to get it done. We're celebrating Christmas at my sister's on Christmas eve and then attending the afternoon Children's mass at 4:00. So I have about 72 hours to get it done.

Here's why it might happen. Kids get out of school at noon. We're taking them directly over to the ILs to spend the night. DH is golfing in late morning tomorrow. I'm leaving the kids at the ILs and taking advantage of the quiet time. I'll be able to just sit and knit without interruption.

Shoot, if I can just get the sleeves done by tomorrow, I'll stay up as late as I have to on Sunday to finish the darn thing. But it does require a trip to the store. I need a 16" circs to pick up and knit the collar. I'm not sure I want to try it on dpns.

I'll just be the Little Engine that Could. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

No comments: