Tuesday, March 1, 2011

National Pancake Day

Today is National Pancake Day. I read about it on The Food Librarian's blog. Honestly, thin mint pancakes didn't sound super appealing to me. I suppose I should give them a try someday, but it wasn't enough to make me run home and open a box. I quickly forgot all about NPD.

Our lives have hit that super busy time of year. The four soccer teams and the flag football teams have started practicing and playing games. Sign-ups for baseball and t-ball are imminent. Girl Scout cookies have been sitting on my dining room floor for what feels like weeks. DH took B to his practice. A, J & I delivered cookies and dropped J off at his practice. When A&I finished delivering cookies, it was 6:30 and I hadn't started dinner.

Luckily, A reminded me that it was National Pancake Day and I came up with a dinner idea real quick.


Bacon Pancakes!
Photobucket

Photobucket


Everyone got one bacon pancake. The rest were just normal pancakes and normal bacon. The kids loved them. The boys were chanting "Bacon Pancakes! Bacon Pancakes!" and begging me to make some more. Next Tuesday is Shrove Tuesday. I guess I know what I'll be making for dinner.

No comments: