Wednesday, July 30, 2008

why didn't I bookmark it?

I'm a solo parent this weekend. DH went with FIL to the lake for BIL's "Annual Guys' Weekend." I believe that it involves drinking lots of beer, eating lots of meat and very long & fast boat rides. I'm sure he's having tons of fun.

I am at home alone with 3 children (who are slightly driving me crazy and I can't say, "Go see your dad.")

Last night I was looking around for things to entertain the kids. I was wandering through some blogs and I found an entry with nice pictures. They were making bread dough (a brioche, I think) with half whole wheat flour and half white flour. The kids mixed it up and kneaded in inside the ziploc bags. After it rose, she cut it into thirds (because there were 3 kids) and the kids rolled it into shapes before baking. And she used cornmeal mixed with some sugar on the pan when baking the bread.

I had such nice plans of wonderful bread baking with the kids and I can't find the blog entry. I could have sworn it was from one of the blogs I read regularly, but I've gone through all of them and I can't find it. I even remember thinking last night that I could find it again and I didn't bookmark it.

I tried to remember what google search terms I used but to no avail. So if you happen to know what blog and what post this was, please send me a link. Since I can't find it, my children will not be learning the wonders of the science of yeast in the happy idyllic company of their siblings while they enjoy hot fresh bread with homemade butter.

I guess if I were a true hippy momma, I would know how to do all that without the missing blog entry. I guess I could try and figure it out on my own. Or we could all just watch another episode of "Suite Life."

1 comment:

Susan said...

You KILL me. A whole entry about not being able to find a blog that explains how to make bread with your kids. Sheesh.

I'm sure you probably already tried, but did you check out your history?