Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our afternoon

The kids are going crazy at home. J needs constant activity or he falls into a constant whine. A has been hiding in her room reading books, popping out occasionally to yell at her brothers to be quiet. B is still in potty training mode, which means he's running around the house mostly naked. That is going well unless we actually put clothes on him. The minute I put him in clothes, he pees.

Today, I dragged A out of her room and insisted that she spend some time with the family. She & J worked together to make books and wrote stories in them. I was amazed how well they played together. Of course, as soon as I remarked on how well they were doing, it ended. The peace was quickly replaced by fighting. I keep reminding myself, summer is more than halfway over.

This afternoon the boys went outside to play in the yard with the hose. It was close to dinner and we needed vegetables. A & I decided to ride our bikes up to the store. It is a short trip and easy for us to do. We both really enjoyed it. We got some exercise, saved on gas & pollution and had fun. When we got home A discovered that we need apples, so tomorrow we're going to do it again.

No comments: