Thursday, July 3, 2008

Missed deadline but done

I gave myself until the end of the month to finish my touring wrap. I've been working on this wrap on and off since September. I was determined to finish by the end of June. On the 30th, I realized I had just one night left to finish. Our friend Chris V had other plans. We were invited over for dinner. I started packing up the kids around 8:00 but then Chris decided to open another bottle of wine and insisted that we all try a glass. An hour and half later we were finally kick to the curb. When I got home I could hardly type an email message and decided that drinking and knitting were not a good mix.

On Wednesday while we drove to the lake, I finished up knitting the main portion. It's good thing I waited. It was a 7 hour drive and it took most of the 7 hours to finish it. That was an unending ball of yarn. I would finish a repeat and look at the ball and think, I can get one more out of it. I ended up adding 4 (or 5, I lost count) repeats before all was done.

Finally last night. We got back from the lake around 4:30. I told DH that I wanted 15 minutes or so to finish up my wrap. I had to graft the border onto the main portion. What was I thinking that I could kitchener stitch 97 stitches in 15 minutes???

I sat in front of the computer with the knittinghelp video going while I repeated my mantra, knit, slip, purl, purl, slip, knit. I did that for over an hour! But it is done! Here is the proof.

Photobucket


My new blocking wires are waiting at home. I can't wait to try them out.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Sarah it's gorgeous! Once it's blocked you need a picture of you wearing it. Well done!!

Susan said...

What is wrong with you, anyway? Do you have to be such an overachiever or do you do it to make us look bad? It's beautiful.

What are blocking wires, anyway?