Thursday, October 9, 2008

comfy pants

I've got way too much to do. I've got husband/children/house/work, plus organizing the class raffle basket for Autumnfest and trying to put together a first aid kit for the Brownie camp skills day that lasts all day on Saturday. I've got one sock knit that is still waiting for the other one. I've got 1/4 of a bag sewn waiting to be finished. I've got 1/3 of a scarf knit for J and a ball of yarn waiting to be a scarf for A.

I do not care to work on any of this stuff. I want to do something else. I want to make sheet pants.

I'm not sure why I want to make sheet pants. Maybe it is because I don't feel well. I've got some sort of allergy/sinus/cold thing going on. Maybe the pants would help me feel better while I lie in my sick bed.

Once the idea of sheet pants got into my head I couldn't think of anything else this afternoon. I went to the library website and found the book at the new library that just opened up. Cool, two birds with one stone. I packed up the boys (A was at basketball & DH was at Dad's club) and off we went. New library was cool and crowded. It is good to see it being used.

I got home all excited to read all about making my new pants. Oh, my, what disappointment. I got the wrong book. I picked up Bend the rules instead of In Stitches. The Bend the rules still has many cute projects in it but no comfy sheet pants. At least I've got a library book to read before I crash tonight.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Will you make me some, too? They sound awesome.