Sunday, November 17, 2013

Teenager

A is definitely showing some symptoms of being a stereotypical teenager. She, who used to keep her room in pretty good order, has become a total slob. She left to go on the 8th grade retreat this week. I took advantage of her absence by cleaning. I spent close to two hours going through everything on the floor, desk, chest & nightstand. I was good and didn't throw out anything unless it was an obvious piece of trash. I made stacks of papers, schoolwork and books on her desk. I organized all the stuff in her bathroom drawers. When I was done, I could actually see the carpet in her room again. Amazing that I consider these picture a state of cleanliness! It was a huge improvement.

room cleaned

room cleaned

Just 24 hours after she arrived home, the mess is already growing.

room getting messy




No comments: