Thursday, June 4, 2009

Slavedriver

So, the kids have been out of school for 3 days now. I'm still sane, but I'm not sure how long it will last.

I actually got sick of hearing them tell me how bored they were and asking me what they could do that was fun by Monday afternoon. It had only been hours since they got out of school for the summer.

I decided to be mean. I told them we would do nothing fun until their rooms where clean. I didn't mean pick up the dirty socks and throw the toys in the closet clean. I meant go through the whole desk and throw out all the toys with missing parts, put aside unused stuff for donation, recycle all those spelling tests. I meant clean.

Monday afternoon J & I had done a pretty good job on his room. His closet still needs to be tackled but I'm holding off on that until Saturday morning when I don't have work hanging over my head.

However, A is taking her own sweet time. She has cleaned in between fits of moaning that I'm the meanest mother in the world and it's not fair that the boys are playing outside while she is cleaning. Slowly but surely, it is getting done.


Photobucket


I'm sad to say that this is a drastic improvement on her desk. If you can believe it, 75% of the junk that was on top of her desk is gone! I can't wait to get to those bookshelves.


Photobucket


There was a chest under all those books and clothes!


Photobucket


This space makes me happy. The table was covered with bits of string, papers, pretend food, forts, beds and pillows. It was a makeshift house/hospital/school for all of her dolls. It is empty and so refreshing.

I'll keep the whip swinging and hopefully the rest of the room will catch up.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

What an awesome room! And she has her own bathroom???? I want it!!