Friday, June 19, 2009

Frankenstein

This post is for my friend Susan so she knows that it happens to lots of kids.

This afternoon I was gathering the kids up for a special trip to Target to get Father's Day presents. We were so close to leaving. Everyone had gone potty, everyone had their shoes on, everyone was headed to the door.

I went to the kitchen to look for my keys, heard B running through the hallway, then a very loud thud & a scream. A bad scream. DH & I both came running, I picked him up first. B was holding both hands to his forehead. He had gone head first into the door frame. Even though he hadn't moved his hands yet, I knew it was bad. I looked down and there was blood squirting between his fingers all over him and me.

As I headed to the kitchen for rag to stop the bleeding, I told DH to stay with A&J. Then I realized I couldn't drive the car and hold something on his head, so we all headed out the door.

We ended up at the local emergency room and an hour and half later, B had 6 stitches and a green popsicle. The worst part about it is the 7 day ban on swimming. He's not going to be happy about that, and I'm not going to be happy dealing with him being unhappy when I say no to the pool. But at least he is okay.


The bloody batman shirt. He cried when he realized it was ruined.

Photobucket

He wouldn't sit still for the pictures.

Photobucket

Evidence of the green popsicle!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Susan said...

Wow. Move it over a half inch and it is IDENTICAL to Maria's. Hers is looking better, but I'm afraid it will be a looooonnnnggg time before it actually fades. Vitamin E on it when I think. Btw, where'd you get that KA Batman shirt?