Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I should have knocked on wood

I spent yesterday evening dwelling on a post.

I dreamed of posting about how after dealing with B still sleeping in the crib and constantly climbing out, we had finally successfully moved him into the bottom bunk in J's room. I was going to say that the boys had finally settled into a routine. I figured out that I had to move the ladder to the top bunk until they were both asleep to stop B from climbing up and jumping on J after he fell asleep. I was going to exclaim that they both were sleeping through the night. No getting up in the middle of the night asking for water or jumping on each other or wanting to play.

Of course it had only been a couple of night in a row of the two of the sleeping in the bunk beds. I had to just think of the post and wait to make sure it was true.

It turns out that just thinking of posting of the wonders of the boys sleeping together is a huge jinx. Nope. We had up and down and screaming and yelling and doors slamming and crib jumping and climbing out then more screaming and calming and soothing and going back to sleep. Then I had to put me back to sleep.

Never again will I start thinking of a post before it is really time to post.

No comments: