Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

The cousins came home for Halloween. A & J have been counting down the days & hours until they came home. A was determined to spend every possible moment with her cousin while she was here.

They arrived late on Thursday. She was up early Friday morning to go see them. The kids stayed at S#2 house while I went to parent teacher conferences & took J to get his glasses fixed. I picked up my kids & three cousins and we came home to carve pumpkins.

A & cousin E were industrious and carved their pumpkins all on their own.
A & E's pumpkins.
Photobucket
Photobucket

The others weren't so ambitious and the playing on the swingset was much more fun. I carved B's pumpkin with the face that cousin O drew. I carved M's pumpkin after she told me she wanted scary eyes, a triangle nose & a mouth with pointy teeth. J told me he wanted one just like M's but I had already done that design, so I just winged it.

The little kids' pumpkins
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Around 5:00 we had the calgary cousins, the dallas cousins, my mom & dad & youngest sister plus 3 other families for dinner. One family left and 2 other families joined us for trick or treating.

The whole gang
Photobucket
The 3rd graders
Photobucket
The kindergarteners
Photobucket


I stayed home with 2 of the moms and handed out the candy, most of it accumulated at various parties the children have attended. I got rid of it all, including a valentine lollipop that had "To: A" written on it. That really grossed S#2 out but I'm just glad that it is all gone.

The cousins go back to Calgary tomorrow and the countdown to December 21st begins.

No comments: