Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The closest thing to heaven CJ's

If you've ever been to Notre Dame, then you should know CJ's. If you don't know CJ's, you should get to know it the next time you are there. CJ's is a dive of a bar at night, but during the day it is hamburger heaven. They serve huge burgers with special seasoning. They are so big sometimes they split apart. It is one thing I insist on having every time I go back to South Bend. CJ's is the reason to go to South Bend, especially with the state of football of late.

Today, I had the closest thing to CJ's that I've ever tried. Around 1 pm I had just come home from helping at the school book fair and was about to fix myself a turkey sandwich. Just then, DH called asking me if I wanted Wingfields. He had eaten there a few weeks ago and raved about it. I was so hungry I almost turned him down. Instead I chose to wait and try it. I'm so glad I did because this burger was great. It was huge and greasy and yummy.

I don't normally post pictures of half eaten food, but this burger was so seriously good I had to stop eating and take pictures to document it. If you ever come to Dallas, you need to include a trip to Wingfields.

The Burger
Photobucket

The Burger when I gave up
Photobucket


P.S. Except I couldn't give up. I paused, took a few deep breaths and finished the burger. I don't think I'll eat for day or two.

No comments: