Monday, November 17, 2008

Everything's changed

The boy figured out he can climb out of the crib.

It took 2 years, 11 months and 17 days. It was so nice while it lasted. If he was screaming/crying/annoying too much, I could just put him in the crib and tell him to take break and calm down. It was a source of refuge for me. I could put him in there and take a shower or do laundry without worrying about where he was and what he was getting into.

How are we going to get him to go to sleep? He can get out.

How are we going to get him to stay asleep? He can get out.

Pray for me. I think I'm going to need it.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh No! D and I were just talking last night about the first time S1 got out of her crib. The very next day we went out and bought a toddler bed and that was the end of the crib! She was only 1 1/2, so you guys made it pretty far, IMO!!

Susan said...

Glad I'm not the only one who waits as long as possible before ditching the crib. None of the first three ever climbed out. They all remained in their cribs until I needed a crib for another child. Except Luke... he is a huge kid and was almost 3 when we decided we just had to go ahead with it. Sam is my first climber-outer. He started a few weeks ago. It's a bummer. Not only does he keep himself up by climbing out, but he keeps Luke up, 'cause Luke feels the need to tell us every time he does it. Well, this weekend we gave it all up. Bunk beds were assembled for the boys. No more crib. It's weird and kind of sad. I mean, for the last 6.5 years I've always had one, or sometimes two, babies in a crib! Good luck. Oh, think he'd climb a gate, too? For Maria for a while I put a gate across her bedroom door to keep her in her room for naps and night time. Worked pretty well.