Monday, September 22, 2008

Her first batch

Friday night DH took J to his first Jesuit game. A got to do what she's been asking to do for awhile. She baked cookies all by herself.

I told her earlier in the week that she could bake on Friday night. I was sworn to secrecy because she was afraid that the cookies would turn out bad. If she told DH & J that she was baking cookies and they turned out bad, then they would come home and want to have a cookie. She couldn't bear the thought of having to tell them that her cookies were bad and she had to throw them out. (Like I would throw them out even if they did taste bad! I told DH her logic, he said she gets her pessimism from her mother. I wonder where he got that idea??)

She did a terrific job in the kitchen. She made the cookies and they turned out delicious. She had no reason to fear her baking abilities. I did help here and there. I showed her how to pack the brown sugar. I showed her how to get just the yolk from the egg. She did the rest.


Following directions.
Photobucket

Good recipes are always splattered.
Photobucket

My favorite lesson, baking always includes cleaning.
Photobucket


I didn't get pictures of her actual cookies. They didn't last long enough!

No comments: