Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Progress

I've made a little more progress gardening. I've spent an hour the past two nights digging weeds, mulching and watering. The boys are "helping", which means I have to work around little bodies & shovels so I avoid whacking them in the head. I'm learning, it has only happened twice. We made a trip to the home improvement store for more mulch & herbs. (DH's definition of herbs is jalepeno plants, 7 jalepeno plants! I'm not sending him to buy plants any more.) I bought parsley, basil and, for the homemade salsa & pico I'll be making, some cilantro. I have learned that my "2 hours a night will finish it in a week" theory is a bunch of bunk. Who knows how long it will take and its only getting hotter.

I've made a little bit of progress in knitting. I need to take a new picture. Maybe tomorrow. I'm excited because I'm taking my first knitting class tomorrow night. It is a Lizard Ridge class at a yarn store close to downtown. I doubt I'll ever make the whole blanket but I'm excited to learn the short row technique. I've tried once before and fudged my way through. It will be nice to learn for real.

I made it through another day without killing the kids. 11 more weeks of summer to go.

No comments: