Monday, June 9, 2008

Back to real life

We spent the weekend at Great Wolf Lodge with the ILs. The water park was fun for all ages. Anna really enjoyed the magicquest game but the number of children running through the hotel got to be too much for me (the designated MQ helper. DH took the same stand he has with Webkinz, he had nothing to do with it!) The kids had a fantabulous time and MIL spoiled all of us. I totally forgot that I brought a camera so no pictures at all.

We took a break on Saturday afternoon and went to tball & indoor soccer games. We stopped by the house to pick up waters for the games. I am so glad that we did because my old work buddy David had called. He was unexpectedly in town. If we hadn't stopped we wouldn't have gotten his message until late Sunday and we would have missed him entirely.

Instead he and his wife met up for a drink at Great Wolf and then we met them for dinner last night. It was so good to see them both and we talked for way too long. My mother, who came to sit for my very tired children, called Sister #2 to call DH cell phone to tell us to come home. It was after 9 and we had been gone for over 3 hours. She was done.

David managed to stick his foot in his mouth twice. He and his wife were discussing water skiing and whether or not he would be able to pull her nephew this summer. Vicki said, "Well, you can pull me." David replied, "I guess I can get my sister up on skis and she's pretty good sized too!" The whole table started laughing as Vicki started exclaiming, "What do you mean, 'Too!'"

Then he started telling the other couple who was at dinner about when we started working together. He told his friend Janie "Sarah is mensa smart, but she hides it well." Janie's husband started laughing and asked him what was easier, discussing his wife's weight or the fact that I come across as less than intelligent. Poor David. He was beet red. At least we all had a good laugh.

No comments: