Thursday, September 3, 2009

Too busy

Since school & kid activities have started, I've been too busy & too tired to think about blogging. I made delicious homemade ice cream and I didn't even think to take a picture and blog about it. Next time.

B has been on a roll lately. The kid never had a baby book, I could at least record his memorable moments in the blog.

Story 1:

A had visitation day the first day back to dance. The whole family went and B's assessment was "Dance class is BORINNNNNGGGG!" There is a boy in A's dance class this year. About half way through tap, B turned to DH and asked "Why's that boy in dance class?" DH told him that he was dancing. B replied, "Boys don't dance." DH replied that boys do dance, there was a boy dancing right there. B paused and then proclaimed, "That boy's not going to have a girlfriend!" DH lost it. At the end of the song, he moved chairs next to me and told me the story. We were both in tears. A was across the room looking mortified at our behavior. Needless to say, DH left with J & B right after that. Good thing he didn't see the boy in ballet class! Who know what he would have said.


Story 2:

B started back to pre-school this week. He moved into the "Big Kid" hall and joined a MWF 3 year old class. Last Friday was "Meet the Teacher" day. B had fun, played with toys and the two boy who were in his class last year. After we left his new classroom, we went down the other hall to see his old teacher, Mrs. Rocha. B loves Mrs. Rocha. She came out and hugged him and talked to him about his summer and how big he was since he was going to the "Big Kid" hall.

About an hour after we got home, B came up to me. He tapped me on the leg and told me "Mommy, I'm really not very big!" The poor kid wants his favorite teacher back and to stay in the "Little Kid" hall. He was so earnest. This is coming from a kid who has been insisting he was big from the minute he could talk. It made me want to cry.

I was afraid he would have problems when I dropped him off yesterday. He got out of the car and had to decide which door to go through. He asked if we went down the curving sidewalk, could he go to Mrs. Rocha's class. I said no, he could go down the curving sidewalk and he would go to Mrs. O'Neal class. He said okay. He ran to the sidewalk, got down in his sprinter's crouch, counted to 3 and raced to school. He was perfectly fine, I should have known not to worry about B.

No comments: