Thursday, September 17, 2009

On my own

DH left yesterday to go to the lake for 5 days for Guys' weekend.

I don't like not having someone to tag team with. It is so much easier to parent when I can say "Go see your dad!"

Actually, the children have been good and, because of rain, our schedule has been easy. Last night, after the exhausting bedtime routine & actually remembering to shut the garage door and lock up the house, I went to bed. I realized that there are some advantages to being alone.

I got to watch tv without ever changing the channel because a commercial came on or the game was getting boring.

I kicked the covers off the end of the bed so my feet were open and free and didn't upset anyone.

I got to sleep in bed all night without once having to shove someone over to make them stop snoring.

I'm looking forward to DH coming home in 3.5 days, but it is nice to enjoy the little pleasures of being on my own.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Two things... first, isn't a weekend 2 days? Also, I hope you have a LOT of wine on hand.

Kristin said...

Isn't there a Debbie Gibson song called "On My Own"? That's the first thing I thought of when I read your post title.

Hope the kids are angels for you! Crank up the Van and party away!!