Monday, August 17, 2009

T - 42 hours

The end of summer approaches quickly. Just a day and half left before school starts. I'm looking forward to the kids returning to school and being back on a regular schedule. However, I stayed in bed until almost 9am this morning, relishing it as long as I could.

A panicked last night about starting 4th grade. She says she has forgotten all of her multiplication tables and she is going to fail. Oh, the drama! I told her that she cannot go from making A's to failing school. We did flashcards this morning to help her remember and hopefully they won't have a timed math test the first week of school. I swore they wouldn't and I don't want to be a liar.

The class lists go up at 5pm. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that A gets the teacher she wants this year. She has never gotten the one she wanted. Even thought all of her teachers have been fine, I'm just hoping to avoid the initial disappointment. J is hoping for a certain teacher and I'm hoping to not get her. Not that she would be a bad teacher, but she had a class pet rabbit and I'd like to avoid having to take it home for a weekend. I wonder if I could suddenly become allergic to rabbit fur?

I have uniforms cleaned and ready to go. I tagged outgrown uniforms to drop off at the used uniform sale tonight. I started a grocery list for lunch fixings. I might make some homemade cookies for a special back to school treat.

I have about 42 hours or so before I drop them off for the first day of school. I think I'm ready.

No comments: