Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cowboy Party!

Today we threw the cowboy party and it turned out great.

I took a suggestion and the boys played Pin the Badge on John

Photobucket


My DH did wonders and tracked down the last two rubberband guns in the Metroplex. I hung stuff from the clothesline and we had a shooting gallery.


Photobucket


We used the fire pit we built and the kids roasted marshmallows & made s'mores.

Photobucket


It was a gorgeous day. In the 70s and sunshine and not too much wind. It was actually too hot for a fire but we did it anyway and the boys enjoyed it. Once the games & s'mores were done, the boys ran wild for an hour or so. Luckily the men stood around the fire pit which prevented the boys from accidentally running through the fire pit.

So the funniest part of the party is this.

The whole reason I suggested a cowboy party to J was because a friend of mine gave me western ice cream sandwich makers. I wanted to use them. So this morning I found that I was way more organized than I've ever been in my life. I had made the sign for the shooting gallery & pin the badge game. I had gone to the grocery store. I had even taken a shower which I generally skip on days like these. I had time to bake brownies and make them. They turned out great.

Photobucket


By the time half the boys had left, I realized that I forgot to serve them. So we're having a couple of friends over for the super bowl tomorrow and they are going to get Sheriff badge ice cream sandwiches for dessert!

No comments: