Thursday, January 8, 2009

Deja Vu or a Dream

I was driving in the car today to pick up B from school and listening to NPR. There was a local show on called Think. Today's episode was an interview with a man who wrote a book about karaoke.

All of the sudden I had a rush of a memory. I was in a bar, maybe Humperdinks or someplace in Addison, sitting in a booth near the bar. I think was with Michelle, maybe Susan and Julie or Courtney or maybe all of them?

There was a waitress who was serving us all night long. She had hooked up with another waiter at the bar and he had totally blown her off. She was very upset and telling us the whole story as she served us. Eventually she went off shift and I think she joined us at our table and drank with us. This is where the memory comes into play. She decided that she was going to sing karaoke. I think she had been drinking while she was working and then she had more with us. She was pretty toasted and I didn't think it was such a good idea. She got up and sang any way. Boy, she blew me away. She was good. It didn't matter that she was drunk, she could sing.

So was that a very vivid dream or did that really happen?

1 comment:

Susan said...

When I first started reading your post I thought it all sounded familiar. But, then that's probably because we went to those places lots of times and drank too much. I don't remember the karaoke thing with the waitress, so if it did happen, I missed out.