Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I caved

Last Friday morning I was watching the morning news. The SPCA pet of the week featuring a dog named Frank came on. It caught my attention because one of the BILs is named Frank. He seemed like a nice dog. I told DH who rewound so he could see the dog too.

We have been talking as a family about the possibility of getting a dog. More in theory then in reality. We thought about getting a Lab puppy but DH heard horror stories about Lab puppies and quickly changed his mind.

Next thing I know DH had shown the boys the video of Frank and Saturday afternoon we were off to the SPCA to check him out. A went to lunch with her aunt & grandmother but she said we could check out Frank without her. It was a good visit. He barked at another dog once and that was it. He didn't jump all over the boys. He loved to chase the ball and actually returned it to have you throw it again.

So we came home with a dog. After a day of debate, we're calling him Frankie. Aside from intestinal issues that required a trip to the vet (covered by the SPCA, thankfully) and my carpets getting cleaned (not covered by the SPCA, but needed to be cleaned anyway), he's been a great dog. Kids are in love with him. I think he'll make a great addition to the family.

FRANKIE!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I saw "I caved" and figured it meant you had a diet coke! What a cute dog! The kids must be so excited!!

susan said...

Cute!!!! Congratulations on becoming a dog mom!!!

samantha said...

My children now want to know when they get a dog - if Aunt Sarah said yes to a dog, why can't you say yes to a dog!