Wednesday, January 20, 2010

knitting

I've actually been knitting lately. It's been awhile. I had stalled after starting a new lace scarf. I got 3 repeats in, made a mistake and put it aside.

Then Christmas came along and I remembered promising my niece a new hat. Then I started making beer koozies. Then my friend in Austin asked me to knit her a scarf. I saw her at the mall after Christmas and she bought a scarf because it was cold and snowing (again!). After buying it she realized that I could make her one. Of course I had to knit a scarf. I went to a big sale at the LYS and came up with this.


Photobucket

Photobucket


I sent it to her last weekend while she was on CRHP retreat. I hope she liked it.

I had a leftover ball of yarn so I made a garter stitch mitt.

Photobucket


The color is off because of the lighting. I still have to finish the other.

I've already got a secret project ready to go next. Not knitting but it should be fun.

No comments: